Cake!!!

Cake!!!
well they do make exceedingly good cakes

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The one in a million man

well here we go at last.........

day 9 i think..

 have been stuck in a hospital in deepest darkest brighton, good be worst but not much as i havent been outside since the 27th jan.

in the past month i have managed to contract a highly rare (1 in a Million) illness called Anti GBM disease also know as, Good Pastures Syndrome. That name proper pisses me off as it sounds like a lovely thing to do with a farm which could be appropriate, when it fact its where my own body's immune system is trying eat the lining of my lungs (which looks to have stopped now) and has also caused my kidneys to fail (havent really had a pee in about 9days now!).

sooooo that is really the start of things so far.................

4 comments:

  1. Keep writing and keep your spirits up! The blog's a great read for all us friends and family! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pete,

    Great stuff. KBO . It has been quite a year already and only February...you, earthquakes, shingles etc. I think your attitude is an example to follow. Fang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think Tim and Family were aware u have been in hospital for so long - the length of your beard is an indication! We shall think of you every day and pray for your early improvement and recovery. The Cotes - Hodges gang are returning from skiing today. ps I have been asked by this page to "select a profile" before sending and I have chosen the first - Google and hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter
    I'm hoping this will reach you and that you are in good health. We have completed the Friends promotional film and I want to send you and Clare a copy each - it's also on the Vimeo website. I don't have an address for either of you - can you email me at hospitalfriends@lineone.net to let me know? Many thanks from Sarah

    ReplyDelete